Wymondham in tough battle with Stalham
WYMONDHAM Ladies played at Stalham on a very windy afternoon in a game which was very close.
Stalham came away with three points after a tight 1-0 win.
The game started off evenly and it was a midfield battle, with both sets of defences doing well and the midfield equally matched.
Stalham made the breakthrough with the ball finding its way through the middle of the pitch and into the penalty area at the feet of a Stalham midfielder who struck the ball under Christine, in goal.
Wymondham had a couple of chances with Linn causing havoc down the right wing and the chances falling to Vicky at the far post, who put it wide and Lois, whose run caused trouble but was outnumbered and was unable to get a proper shot away.
You may also want to watch:
The half ended when a Stalham player clearly handled the ball, but no penalty was awarded.
The second half saw long spells of Wymondham pressure, but there wasn’t the killer ball or finish to some good moves.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
Stalham were holding on, with shots from Woody the only real chance Wymondham had in the second half.
Final score 1-0, a score which Wymondham will be disappointed with due to large spells of dominance which was not capitalised upon.
PoM: Linn for some excellent running, causing problems for the Stalham defence with some great crosses too.