Wymondham Ladies battle away
Wymondham Ladies 0, Hethersett Reserves 3Wymondham Ladies' final pre-season game ended in defeat to Hethersett Reserves. Wymondham were undone down the wings, where Hethersett's wingers outpaced the defence.
Wymondham Ladies 0, Hethersett Reserves 3
Wymondham Ladies' final pre-season game ended in defeat to Hethersett Reserves.
Wymondham were undone down the wings, where Hethersett's wingers outpaced the defence.
With Penny making her debut in an unfamiliar position in goal, she made a number of good stops, but spilt a difficult ball, and Hethersett scored on the rebound, despite Woody's best efforts to slide along the gaol line and stop it.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham went in at half time 1-0 down, but changed formation in the second half, from 3-5-2 to 4-5-1 to combat the danger from the wings, which worked, and Wymondham were the better team in the second half, making chances; Mowgli headed a corner into the hands of the keeper, and Louise smashed a shot, which was tipped round the post.
On the break, Hethersett won a corner, and it was not cleared, and Vicky could only head it up into the roof of the net. Drama followed when Hethersett were awarded a penalty for a shirt pull.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 10 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
Woody took over in goal from half-time substitute Sarah, and Hethersett blazed it over. Wymondham pressed, but were unable to make the pressure count and Hethersett scored on the counter attack from their best player, running round a few players, and slotting home.
Although the score line was 3-0, Wymondham deserved more for their efforts, good persistence and pressure which puts them in a good position for the coming season.
Player of the match: Louise Rout.
Pictured are, back row (from left): Wymondham Kebab representative, Jenna Wales, Natalie Woods, Laura Parry, Emma Williams, Bethany Giles, Lydia Maran, Georgina Knight, Alex Guy (manager).
Front row: Laura Fletcher, Rachael Carpenter, Sarah Neave, Lucy Mitchell, Vicky Hudson, Katie Rumble.