Yarmouth go in search of goals while Thetford look to replicate knockout form
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Great Yarmouth Town welcome Long Melford to The Wellesley and will be looking to get back among the goals after a 0-0 Premier Division draw at FC Clacton.
Joint-manager Martin Sinclair said: “We thought the job was done at half-time after we had kept a clean sheet and looked forward to the second half playing with the wind, but it didn’t quite happen for us. It was a tough game played in difficult conditions , so I am pleased at the way we battled and came away with something from the game.”
The Bloaters have played just 10 games this season, fewer than any other team, and are 18th in the table, one place and one point ahead of Saturday’s visitors.
Thetford Town will need to replicate their knockout competition form when they travel to Ely City. The Brecklanders were 2-0 midweek winners at Debenham LC in the FA Vase and beat Anglian Combination Premier Division leaders Harleston Town 4-1 in the Norfolk Senior Cup a fortnight ago.
But their league form is less impressive: they have lost their last six and are in danger of freefalling down the table unless they can reverse that form. Ely are 11th, five places and four points better off.
You may also want to watch:
Kirkley & Pakefield go into their trip to Hadleigh United rejuvenated after two wins and a draw in their last three games.
Free-scoring Wroxham are fourth – they have scored 12 goals in their last four games, including smashing seven past Haverhill Borough last weekend. They are at Saffron Walden Town, who have won seven of their last eight league games to move up to seventh.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 6 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 7 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 8 City hold talks with Nyland
- 9 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 10 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia
In the First Division, King’s Lynn Town Reserves are without a game, but with a four-point margin over Whitton United, their second spot in the table will be guaranteed.
The match of the day is at Whitton, where Lynn will be hoping local rivals Swaffham Town can do them a favour. Downham host Team Bury, Diss Town travel to Halstead Town, Norwich CBS entertain Wisbech St Mary and Norwich United host Debenham LC.