Yarmouth go in search of goals while Thetford look to replicate knockout form
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Great Yarmouth Town welcome Long Melford to The Wellesley and will be looking to get back among the goals after a 0-0 Premier Division draw at FC Clacton.
Joint-manager Martin Sinclair said: “We thought the job was done at half-time after we had kept a clean sheet and looked forward to the second half playing with the wind, but it didn’t quite happen for us. It was a tough game played in difficult conditions , so I am pleased at the way we battled and came away with something from the game.”
The Bloaters have played just 10 games this season, fewer than any other team, and are 18th in the table, one place and one point ahead of Saturday’s visitors.
Thetford Town will need to replicate their knockout competition form when they travel to Ely City. The Brecklanders were 2-0 midweek winners at Debenham LC in the FA Vase and beat Anglian Combination Premier Division leaders Harleston Town 4-1 in the Norfolk Senior Cup a fortnight ago.
But their league form is less impressive: they have lost their last six and are in danger of freefalling down the table unless they can reverse that form. Ely are 11th, five places and four points better off.
You may also want to watch:
Kirkley & Pakefield go into their trip to Hadleigh United rejuvenated after two wins and a draw in their last three games.
Free-scoring Wroxham are fourth – they have scored 12 goals in their last four games, including smashing seven past Haverhill Borough last weekend. They are at Saffron Walden Town, who have won seven of their last eight league games to move up to seventh.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 3 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 4 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 5 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 10 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
In the First Division, King’s Lynn Town Reserves are without a game, but with a four-point margin over Whitton United, their second spot in the table will be guaranteed.
The match of the day is at Whitton, where Lynn will be hoping local rivals Swaffham Town can do them a favour. Downham host Team Bury, Diss Town travel to Halstead Town, Norwich CBS entertain Wisbech St Mary and Norwich United host Debenham LC.