Yarmouth go top
Yarmouth 1, Whitton United 0GREAT Yarmouth Town went to the top of Ridgeons Division One with this narrow win at the Wellesley. The rough conditions dicated the play with the team having the weather at their backs dominating the play.
Yarmouth 1, Whitton United 0
GREAT Yarmouth Town went to the top of Ridgeons Division One with this narrow win at the Wellesley.
The rough conditions dicated the play with the team having the weather at their backs dominating the play.
The only goal was scored after just six minutes when a Stewart Roach back header was squeezed home by Scott Woodcock between 'keeper Jack Foster and his left-hand post.
You may also want to watch:
Woodocck might have had a second after 20 minutes but his inswinging corner rebounded off the inside if the far post.
In lulls in the conditions Yarmouth had further chances, the best in the second half but Gavin Norman's goal-bound acute-angled shot was deflected for a corner, and substitute Liam Bartley met Woodcock's fine centre with a flying header only for the ball to just clear the bar.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 2 'A gem. A manager's dream' - Onel in Warnock's good books
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and his roll of the dice at City
- 4 City earn respect from Seagulls' chief Potter
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 6 'Josh is the most disappointed guy in the dressing room' - Farke on fluffed chance
- 7 Aarons backs City striker to recover after 'frustrating' Brighton draw
- 8 Positives for Canaries striker Sargent to focus on after wasting golden chances
- 9 'Two points dropped' - Fans felt City deserved more from Brighton clash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
A frantic final few minutes around the Yarmouth goal brought no reward for a talented Whitton side thanks to some steely defending led by Craig Roberts.
The last time Yarmouth topped their division was Christmas Day 1996 when they were in the Ridgeons Premier under Paul Chick.