Yarmouth hit rivals for six
Great Yarmouth 6, Halstead 0Great Yarmouth manager Paul Tong described his team's performance as "awesome" as the Bloaters utterly destroyed Halstead with three goals in each half.
Great Yarmouth 6, Halstead 0
Great Yarmouth manager Paul Tong described his team's performance as "awesome" as the Bloaters utterly destroyed Halstead with three goals in each half.
Man-of-the-match Scott Woodcock scored in the 20th and 35th minutes and almost made it a hat-trick but Halstead 'keeper Walker parried his 42nd minute effort, only to see Stewart Roach pounce on the loose ball to make the half time score 3-0.
Any ideas of a Halstead comeback in the second half were immediately forgotten when Liam Bartley scored a fourth from a Woodcock pass just 20 seconds after the restart, and when Roach made it 5-0 six minutes later it was the scale of the victory that was the main talking point.
You may also want to watch:
However, Halstead fought back but they found Michael Hilton in top form in the home goal, and then Yarmouth substitute Joe Bell made it six with a wonderful left-footed free-kick from 25 yards.
"We have been creating chances without really finishing teams off for weeks now," said Tong, "but it just all went right for us today."
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
- 2 Why leaving Brighton was the ‘best decision’ of City midfielder’s career
- 3 TEAM NEWS: Normann and Cantwell fit for City's battle with Brighton
- 4 'They're fighting' - Brighton boss believes City will find first win soon
- 5 'They need to step up' - City legend wants more from summer signings
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Jet-setting Canaries have never had it so good!
- 7 Norwich City accept police invite to help tackle online racism
- 8 Ian Clarke: I'd absolutely love it if Norwich City can stick it to the critics
- 9 Farke is sure 'baller' Gilmour will make his impact at City
- 10 STAT ATTACK: Hanley stands out for Canaries amid early struggles
Yarmouth remain second but are now just three points behind leaders FC Clacton with a game in hand as the Essex side could only draw 1-1 at Thetford Town.