Yarmouth hit rivals for six
Great Yarmouth 6, Halstead 0Great Yarmouth manager Paul Tong described his team's performance as "awesome" as the Bloaters utterly destroyed Halstead with three goals in each half.
Great Yarmouth 6, Halstead 0
Great Yarmouth manager Paul Tong described his team's performance as "awesome" as the Bloaters utterly destroyed Halstead with three goals in each half.
Man-of-the-match Scott Woodcock scored in the 20th and 35th minutes and almost made it a hat-trick but Halstead 'keeper Walker parried his 42nd minute effort, only to see Stewart Roach pounce on the loose ball to make the half time score 3-0.
Any ideas of a Halstead comeback in the second half were immediately forgotten when Liam Bartley scored a fourth from a Woodcock pass just 20 seconds after the restart, and when Roach made it 5-0 six minutes later it was the scale of the victory that was the main talking point.
You may also want to watch:
However, Halstead fought back but they found Michael Hilton in top form in the home goal, and then Yarmouth substitute Joe Bell made it six with a wonderful left-footed free-kick from 25 yards.
"We have been creating chances without really finishing teams off for weeks now," said Tong, "but it just all went right for us today."
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
Yarmouth remain second but are now just three points behind leaders FC Clacton with a game in hand as the Essex side could only draw 1-1 at Thetford Town.