Yelverton celebrating maiden title success
BUSINESS HOUSE LEAGUE: Yelverton were celebrating this week after winning the Drayton Pharmacy Norwich and District Business Houses League Division One title. Yelverton hammered Costessey Crown 8-0 to win their first ever title.
Yelverton were celebrating this week after winning the Drayton Pharmacy Norwich and District Business Houses League Division One title.
Yelverton hammered Costessey Crown 8-0 to win their first ever title. Congratulations go to long-term member and club captain Richard Morris. Yelverton clinched the silverware after their nearest rivals Drayton lost to Homecare 3-2 at Rackheath.
The irony is that even after being fierce rivals over the years, both rising through the divisions together it was Homecare that helped Yelverton to their first success. Yelverton are now looking to push on and win the Shoe Trades Cup to be the first league/cup double winners since Drayton managed it in 2008. Many of the players have earned their reward for years of loyalty to the club along with Christine and David Bloomfield who have run things in the background and have shown how a club can be built from scratch to go on and achieve great things.
Jubilee now have a seven-point gap between themselves and Lingwood with only six games remaining. They carried on their march at the top of Division Two by beating Mousehold Reserves 6-1. Norwich Medics beat second-placed Costessey Sports 3-1 to increase the competition at the top. Both Hempnall and Taverham lost to cement their place as relegation favourites.
You may also want to watch:
Division Three leaders Costessey Crown Reserves' draw with Reepham allowed the pack to close.
The league's AGM has been set for the first week of June. Any clubs looking to join the league need to apply before then. It is hoped that the new boundary extension will attract many new clubs for next season. Contact the league secretary or me on: Business.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder