Yelverton Reserves 0, Wensum Albion 6
With only three games remaining Albion knew that three points were essential in the battle to avoid relegation to Division Three.
Yelverton started the brighter of the two sides and forced a number of corners that were dealt with well by the Albion defence.
Yelverton looked to have the advantage when indecisive defending forced Albion keeper Chard to make a rash challenge and brought down their forward in the area, but then made amends with an excellent save from the subsequent penalty.
Albion started passing the ball well and took the lead after good work down the right allowed Will Farrow to pull the ball back where Martin slid the ball home from close range.
In the ascendancy, Albion doubled their lead when a shot was deflected over the Yelverton keeper to make it 2-0. A Mark Leeper corner was then headed in by skipper Rochford as Albion took the game to the home side.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Firman floated a shot over both keeper and defender to make it 4-0 at the interval.
Yelverton played some decent football in the opening minutes of the second half but Albion held firm and still looked dangerous going forward.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 3 Young Canaries suffer last-gasp defeat in first game of 2021
- 4 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 9 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 10 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
Further goals from Firman and Rochford meant Albion recorded their biggest win for a number of seasons and will take confidence into the final two matches of the season.