Young Canaries are outfoxed by Leicester
John Landamore Leicester U18 5, Norwich City U18 0: Ricky Martin's side crashed to defeat in the FA Premier Academy Under-18 League at Leicester in a game they never looked like getting anything from.
Leicester City U-18 5, Norwich City U-18 0
Ricky Martin's side crashed to defeat in the FA Premier Academy Under-18 League at Leicester in a game they never looked like getting anything from.
Martin welcomed back goalkeeper Jed Steer into the side after he missed the opening two games of the campaign through injury.
You may also want to watch:
Both Korey Smith and Tom Adeyemi were on duty with the first team at Carrow Road, as was David Stephens, although he was not named as one of the seven substitutes.
Norwich found themselves three down at the break with all three goals coming from crosses that the defence failed to deal with.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 4 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 5 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 7 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
- 8 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
They did have opportunities to score through Danny Kelly, Josh Dawkin and Tyree Clarke, but failed to convert the chances.
After the break City looked brighter and again they had a couple of clear-cut chances but there was to be no repeat of the amazing comeback at Leeds two weeks earlier.
Indeed, late in the game two more defensive errors saw them concede two further goals to make it a sorry looking scoreline.
Norwich City Under-18: Steer, Brindley, Gordon, Osemwegie (Ball, 66 min), Dumic, Francomb, Clarke (Nwaogu, 45 min), Habergham, D Kelly, Oakley, Dawkin. Subs (not used) Hewitt, S Kelly, Roberts.
City man of the match: Josh Dawkin.