Young Canaries lose in capital
Fulham U18 1, Norwich City U18 0: Norwich City's Academy Under-18 side couldn't complete their 2005-2006 campaign with a win as they went down by the only goal of the game against Fulham at Motspur Park this afternoon.
Fulham U-18 1, Norwich City U-18 0
Norwich City's Academy Under-18 side couldn't complete their 2005-2006 campaign with a win as they went down by the only goal of the game against Fulham at Motspur Park this afternoon.
Although he took a knock in the reserve team fixture at Southampton in midweek, Joe Lewis looks set to continue on the substitutes' bench against Wolves at Carrow Road tomorrow. This allowed Steve Arnold to continue in goal for David Williams' side as the Canaries contributed to an entertaining first half with both sides passing the ball around.
Just when it seemed the game would remain goalless as the teams headed for the break, a Fulham attack down the right flank saw the ball deflected past Arnold after a low cross.
You may also want to watch:
After an entertaining first period, the second half was somewhat disappointing when Fulham were unable to extend their lead and the Canaries couldn't manage to drag themselves back into the game.
Norwich City: Arnold, Bexfield (Lathrope, 87 min), Eagle, Cave-Brown, Halliday, Howlett, Eames (Muddel, 75 min), Fisk, L El Ouargui, Martin, Smart.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
City man of match: Andrew Cave-Brown.