Youth Cup: Canaries away to Burnley or Everton
David Cuffley Norwich City have been drawn away to Burnley or Everton in the FA Youth Cup fifth round.The Canaries are the only side through to the last 16 so far after their victory over Stoke on penalties at Carrow Road on Wednesday night.
Norwich City have been drawn away to Burnley or Everton in the FA Youth Cup fifth round.
The Canaries are the only side through to the last 16 so far after their victory over Stoke on penalties at Carrow Road on Wednesday night.
The draw could provide a repeat of City's epic clashes with Everton in the final of the competition in 1983, when Dave Stringer's youth team won a Goodison Park replay 1-0 with a goal by Paul Clayton after the initial two-leg final finished 5-5 on aggregate.
You may also want to watch:
All fifth round ties must be played by Saturday, January 31, and kick-off times will be 7pm for midweek matches and 3pm for weekend matches, unless agreed otherwise by both clubs.
Full draw: Ipswich or Crystal Palace v Southampton or Watford, Bristol Rovers or Liverpool v Chelsea or Walsall, Preston or Sunderland v Arsenal or Wolves, Plymouth or Millwall v Charlton or Tottenham, Burnley or Everton v Norwich, Portsmouth or Manchester City v QPR or Newcastle, Middlesbrough or Nottingham Forest v Bolton or Hull, Cardiff or Tranmere v Birmingham or Crewe.
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 4 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 5 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 6 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 7 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 8 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 9 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 10 Skipp calls for City to be smarter after Luton defeat