Youth football from Dereham and Fakenham area

DEREHAM WANDERERS FC are urgently looking to add players to their U11 and U12 sides. If you are interested and would like to join and play football on Sundays mornings in a friendly and competitive league, call Paul on 01362 637351 for more information.

DEREHAM WANDERERS FC are urgently looking to add players to their U11 and U12 sides. If you are interested and would like to join and play football on Sundays mornings in a friendly and competitive league, call Paul on 01362 637351 for more information.

FAKENHAM U18 travelled to Bourne for a Ridgeons Youth Cup match and had an excellent 4-1 victory. With Betts and Mcilveen rested, Skinner and Schoenmacher made the starting line-up. The first half was extremely scrappy with no Fakenham player able to dominate, the young Ghosts conceded after terrible ball watching, the Bourne striker side-footing home at the far post. Fakenham had two good chances but ended the half behind. Early second half Fakenham scored twice, Harris firing home from 12 yards followed by an excellent strike from Berry from 30 yards. Fakenham continued to dominate with further goals from a Schoenmacher volley and a fine strike from Skinner. The young Ghosts produced a second half full energy and played with a tempo Bourne couldn't match. Team: Elliott, Alamanos, Broughton, Rudd, Felton, Drewery, Skinner (Betts), Harris, Bird (Walpole), Berry, Schoenmacher (Mcilveen).

FAKENHAM U9 took on Spixworth and Hellesdon on Sunday and won both games. Fakenham beat Spixworth 5-0 and Hellesdon 6-0 to go top of their league. Both games were dominated by Fakenham with Josh firing in a hat-trick in the first game and four goals in the second. He was absolutely unstoppable. The midfield played some excellent football, with Brandon and Cameron proving so strong and fit, full of determination to win throughout both games. Archie and Jack also influenced the game with their passing with great vision, creating the chances for Josh. Cameron and Jack added two cracking goals. Elliot and Ethan played great in defence and linked up really well at the back through Elliot's captain's skills, sweeping up the ball giving Ethan a chance to push forward to score. Elliot converted a penalty, leaving Reggie the goalkeeper with a couple of great saves but little else to do,Man of the match: Josh. Team: Brandon Futter, Josh Whittaker, Cameron Webster, Elliot Hull (capt), Ethan Barley, Reggie Bloomfield, Archie Savage, Jack Smith.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U12 GIRLS played Thorpe in the first round of the cup, winning 2-1 after extra-time. Dereham were put under early pressure but upped their game giving Rochy, the new girl, a shot which went over. Thorpe scored, but Cerys, Anna and Hannah pushed the ball forward to find Rochy, who equalised. The second half was very even with Drew pulling off a couple of good saves. Ella and Erren in defence worked well, Millie made some excellent tackles. Thorpe were awarded a penalty for handball but it went over the bar.

In extra-time both teams had chances, Chelsea came on but it was Rochy who slotted in the winning goal. Team: Drew, Ella, Erren, Anna, Rochy, Hannah, Millie, Chelsea, Mary, Cerys. Girl-of-the-match: Ella.

SHIPDHAM FALCONS U10 started well, getting to the ball first and passing well. From an early corner Ben hit the bar and a shot from Lyndon went straight to the keeper. Rocklands got past Adam and Jordan to open the scoring. Shipdham came out fighting in the second quarter, with Ben, Connor and Lyndon all having shots saved. Adam took a knock and was replaced by Jordan. Both Jordans played very well in defence. The quarter ended with Ben finding the bar again. Good passing from Lyndon and Connor set up Ben whose shot came off the keeper for Connor to equalise. Ben and Connor had shots just go wide before Ben made it 2-1. Connor got more involved in midfield and saw shots saved by the keeper. Shipdham kept the pressure on and Ben scored again. Adam came back on for Connor and made some good tackles, getting the ball through to Lydon who flicked the ball up to Connor, whose shot was saved. Rocklands got through on goal for a fnal score Rockland 2, Shipdham Falcons 3. Man-of-the-match: Ben Hamling.

Most Read

WELLS TOWN U10 welcomed top-of-the-league Reffley to Beach Road. Wells dominated from the start with excellent passing and movement off the ball which led to an early chance shot wide by George. Good team work between Scott, Mark, George and Conor paid off when Conor put an excellent ball through for George to tuck away. With good defending from Harry and James, Wells ended the half with a well-deserved 1-0 lead. In the second half Wells carried on their good play, making several chances and hitting the woodwork. A good Reffley side created a couple of chances but Jack was solid in goal. Man-of-the-match: Harry. Team: Jack, Harry, James B, Scott, Mark, James P, Bailey, George and Conor (Reffley's man-of-the-match).

LITCHAM U12 travelled to Morley with a full squad. Straight from the kick-off Litcham passed their way through the Morley midfield, creating opportunities to test the keeper at regular intervals. Morley never gave up but were soon goals down to some really neat football. At half-time Litcham swapped their formation to give their defenders a run in midfield and up front. Morley scored two breakaway goals which they finished well, but the final score was Litcham 14, Morley 2. Goals from Harry (3), Nathan (2), Alby (2), Felix (2), Brad, Ben, Kai, Charlie and Titus. Man-of-the-match: Nathan Jarrett.

Dereham U13 Girls took on Mulbarton for the second time in three weeks, in the first round of the League Cup and won 5-1. Dereham started with Joy dominating play in midfield and peppering the Mulbarton goal with shots. Following a Dereham corner Bea floated a header over the keeper. It was a great way for her to mark her return to the team and also to score her first Dereham goal. Mulbarton scored a surprise leveller just before the break. Last season's top scorer, Lanti, Paige and Ellen came on. Following a bit of a scramble in the area Merrick poked home a goal. Lanti put Dereham further ahead before Bea came back on the pitch got an unprecedented second headed goal. With time running out Bea picked up the ball on the edge of the area, shifted to one side and finished superbly to complete a memorable hat-trick. Manager's player of the week was a difficult decision as Joy had played one of her best games for the team, but it was given to Bea for her hat-trick.

DEREHAM WANDERERS STRIPES came under sustained Scole pressure from the off but the Scole forwards just could not finish. Stripes' solid defending and 100 per cent effort kept the hordes at bay as they strove to reach half-time with a clean sheet. Then a clearance from defence found Connor Wilkinson in space, who turned his defender and drove the ball into the Scole net from the edge of the box. The second half saw Myles Wheeler making two early crucial saves. Thomas Semmons made an astute pass behind the Scole defence which gave Connor his second. Stripes found their form with Ashley Bell and Kyle Mitchell working tirelessly down the flanks, allowing Connor Wilkinson to add another pair to give Stripes a four-goal cushion which George Broster nearly added to with a well-placed header. Stripes dropped back which gave Scole an opportunity to get two quick goals. Resolute defending came from Keenan Stokes, Ryan Sergeant, Matthew Palmer and Miguel Ferreira ably assisted by goalkeeper Myles Wheeler. Man-of-the-match: Miles Wheeler. Manager's MoM: Keenan Stokes.

FAKENHAM U13 travelled to Old Catton on Sunday and had most of the play for the first 20 minutes during which Christian, Dion and Jack all had shots on goal. Grant had to come off his line three times to pick up dangerous through balls. A strong Catton shot was parried by Grant but he couldn't keep the rebound out for 1-0 to Old Catton at half-time. Fakenham came out strongly again in the second half with Martin just unable to get on the end of a great cross from Tom. In end-to-end football, Old Catton broke down the left wing to make the score 2-0. In the last 10 minutes Fakenham pressed really hard. They won a corner taken by Martin which found Kyle in space and he made it 2-1. Tom won a free-kick on the left. Dion struck a fabulous ball which everyone thought was curling in to the far corner of the goal, but the Catton keeper got a hand on it to keep it out. In the last minute Dion sent a high ball over the Catton defence which Tom got on the end of but he was not able to get the ball past the confident Catton goalkeeper. The score finished with a 2-1 win for Old Catton. Team: Grant, Curtis, Dion, Harry, Tom, Ollie, Christian, Daniel, Jack, Kyle, Brady, Hilly, Matrin and Sam.

DEREHAM WANDERERS STAGS were at home to Watton for Nathan and James' first ever competitive match. Watton took a two-goal lead. The second quarter saw Watton score two more, but Dereham kept battling, with Callum coming back to help. Josh and Sas were working well and Alice made some good saves. Watton scored early on in the third quarter, Dereham raised their game with Chris and Regan covering a lot of ground, Chris scored from a long-range effort from the halfway line. The final quarter was Dereham's strongest with the whole team working well. Logan scored a great goal, Alice was outstanding, making a quadruple save, and Saskia clearing the ball consistently. Final score: Stags 2, Watton 5. Goals: Chris, Logan. Player-of-the-match: Saskia. Manager's PoM: Alice.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U11 GIRLS hosted Horsford for their first cup game of the season and won 3-2. The first half was entertaining with both teams having good chances. Charlotte and Saskia were working well in Dereham's defence and the Horsford keeper made numerous good saves but Alice opened the scoring just before half-time: 1-0. Early in the second half Horsford equalised but Dereham replied shortly after. The ball was played end-to-end with both teams working hard. Horsford equalised but Dereham scored the winning goal. Dereham squad: Jess, Saskia, Charlotte, Hollie, Ellie, Alice, Brooke, Laura. Goals: Alice, Laura, Brooke. PoM: Charlotte.

DEREHAM WANDERERS REDS U12 played Rocklands U12 who took a two-goal advantage within 10 minutes. The Reds reduced the deficit on 13 minutes with George scoring with a well-placed shot after good link-up play with Louis, John and Alex. George scored again on 27 minutes which gave Rocklands a flattering half-time lead of 6-2. In the second half the Reds persistently harried Rocklands with George scoring a further three goals and Rocklands adding only one further goal, giving a final score of 7-5 to Rocklands. Team: DJ, Luke, Patrick, Jack, Dale, Kurt, John, George, Eggo, Louis, Charlie, Alex, Matti.

DEREHAM TOWN U12 won 4-2 in an entertaining match with Attleborough. They started well with Jordi feeding a great ball to Lewis who drilled the ball into the bottom corner. Playing good football, Dereham went close through Wattsy, Ben, Phil and Joe before Jordi ran half the length of the pitch before slotting in for 2-0. Just before half-time Max calmly scored from the spot after Ben had been scythed down. The second half started with Lewis' shot tipped over the bar and Jared's shot saved from close in. The defence was made to work hard, with great work from Zak, Hayden, Mateo and Rio. Cally and Jared worked well down either flank and Fitty had a great game. From a Lewis corner, Jared's shot hit the keeper and rebounded to Max who volleyed in for 4-0. The ball was worked across the field to Jared who's cross-shot went an inch wide. Attleborough came back with two late goals.