Youth side beaten in thrilling derby
Ipswich Town U-18 3, Norwich City U-18 2: City Under-18s were beaten in a five-goal FA Premier Academy League derby thriller at Playford Road on Saturday.
Ipswich Town U-18 3, Norwich City U-18 2
City Under-18s were beaten in a five-goal FA Premier Academy League derby thriller at Playford Road on Saturday.
Town took the lead in driving rain after just 20 seconds when Jordan Rhodes fired past 'keeper Steve Arnold.
After 27 minutes, City lost the ball at a short corner routine, allowing Ipswich to break, and Kurt Robinson slid the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
Six minutes after the interval, City's Danny Kelly headed home a Damon Lathrope corner to reduce the arrears.
After 81 minutes, Town substitute Liam Barratt slid the ball past Arnold to make it 3-1.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 5 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 6 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 7 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 8 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 9 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 10 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
But City never gave up and, with just two minutes left, Jordan Yong fired a low shot past 'keeper Plummer.
Ipswich Town Under-18: Plummer, Clemo, Robinson, Williams, Watson, Smith, Upson (Lambe, 80 min), Reason, Ainsley (Barrett, 77 min), Rhodes, Murphy (Hyam, 70 min), Subs not used: Ward, Calver.
Norwich City Under-18: Arnold, Matthews, O'Toole, Lathrope, Kelly, Shehu (McLean, 48 min), Asajile (Smith, 70 min), Miller, Daley, Yong, Abdillah (Cooper, 62 min). Sub (not used) Steer.