Delight for Buendia after Argentina call-up
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia’s sensational form for Norwich City this season has been rewarded with an Argentina call-up.
The 24-year-old has been named in a 30-man squad alongside Lionel Messi for Argentina’s two World Cup qualifiers against Chile and Colombia.
Argentina are in second place in their CONMEBOL section having won three of their first four games.
It has been a long-held dream for Buendia to represent his country and revealed he was once asked by Messi when he was playing for Getafe where his international allegiance lay after he had appeared for Spain at youth level.
Messi asked: “What do you want to do? Do you want to play for Spain or Argentina?”
Buendia replied: “Of course I want to play for Argentina. I want to play with you – it is a dream.”
- 1 Stay at Chelsea instead of joining a ‘lesser team’ - Souness advice to Gilmour
- 2 Posh talent 'over the moon' to seal Canaries switch
- 3 'Champions League' quality Rashica is a coup for City
- 4 Andy Hughes to link up with City coaching team for pre-season
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Barcelona want to sell forward
- 6 City cool interest in Ajer
- 7 Canaries linked with Newcastle youngster
- 8 Ex-City keeper signs new Wolves deal
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Midfielder wants clarity from French champions
- 10 Jayden Bogle not in City's sights