Canaries' ace Billy Gilmour belts out karaoke classic in city
- Credit: Ian Burt
Billy Gilmour’s tour of Norfolk continued over the weekend with the Norwich City star taking part in a karaoke session in the city.
The Chelsea loanee belted out Train’s Drops of Jupiter at the Oak Bar and Terrace in Thorpe St Andrew much to the delight of the crowd watching.
The 20-year-old wasn’t pitch perfect but if he takes to Norwich’s Premier League campaign with the same gusto as he can belt out one of Train’s classics then fans won’t be complaining.
Staff at the Oak Bar and Terrace, in Thorpe St Andrew, described the atmosphere as amazing as they hosted the team for an evening of food, drink and karaoke.
A member of staff said: " It was really amazing.
You may also want to watch:
"The whole team was there. They arrived around 7ish, they had a buffet and drinks and stayed until 11pm, 11.30pm. They were here for most of the evening.
"Everyone was so excited, out of every single place in Norwich they picked us. We were all really excited.
- 1 Farke reveals Tzolis' 'punishment' for penalty gaffe
- 2 PRESSER: Everton v City - Rashica a doubt; Normann and Sargent fit
- 3 Iwan Roberts: Don't blame formations for Norwich City's poor form
- 4 Derby County struggles vindicate Norwich approach for Farke
- 5 Canaries keeper sent out on loan
- 6 City star pencils in Anthony Joshua night out after Everton clash
- 7 So where's Norwich City's next point coming from?
- 8 Godfrey had out-grown City's Championship quest
- 9 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 10 'There's more to come' - Gilmour reflects on start to life at Norwich
"They were so nice and so lovely, if you asked them for a photo or to talk to them they would not say no.
"I was first to take pictures with them."
Gilmour, who was also recently spotted enjoying a day trip to Sea Palling, was rested for the Canaries’ 2-0 pre-season friendly win over Huddersfield on Friday with a tight quad.
Norwich City also shared pictures and footage of the star and his teammates enjoying a team bonding exercise at Lotus Cars.
The star was in the passenger seat as he was taken for a spin, reaching speeds of up to 140mph.
The club tweeted during the experience a picture of the Scottish international with teammates Jordan Hugill and Kenny McLean under the caption "Top Gear looks different these days".
Head coach Daniel Farke will be hoping the Scotland international can recover in time for their next friendly against Coventry on Wednesday, which is taking place behind closed doors at Chesterfield’s Technique Stadium.