Canaries left-back seals Germany loan return
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Philip Heise’s expected loan exit from Norwich City has been sealed, with the left-back returning to the German second tier on loan with Nuernberg.
German newspaper Bild reported yesterday that the loan switch to Nuernberg was imminent and that a medical was planned for Saturday.
The Canaries have confirmed that deal this lunchtime, adding that Heise will be available if Nuernberg are in he Bundesliga 2 relegation play-offs.
The initial Bild report also suggested that a permanent deal has not been discussed at this stage with the Dusseldorf native being under contract until 2022 - but his exit frees up one of the 17 non-homegrown slots in City's 25-man Premier League squad, which can be changed this month.
Heise signed for the Canaries from Dynamo Dresden on deadline day in January 2019 but his only senior action came in the Carabao Cup second round, playing all of a shock 1-0 loss away to League Two side Crawley earlier this season.
Otherwise the 28-year-old has been restricted to under-23 action. Previously he made 61 appearances across three seasons at Dynamo Dresden, scoring five goals and claiming 17 assists in Bundesliga 2 before completing his move to Norfolk for a nominal fee as his contract was moving towards its conclusion.
You may also want to watch:
His exit leaves City with Sam Byram and Jamal Lewis as left-back options, with Caleb Richards and Rob Nizet the options in the under-23 squad, with Richards having returned from a season in the USA with the Tampa Bay Rowdies.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill