Norwich City transfer rumours: German star told he can leave Dortmund this summer
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Felix Passlack has been told he can leave Borussia Dortmund this summer, according to reports in Germany.
The German giants are ready to cut ties with all seven of the players they allowed out on loan according to Bild.
Along with Passlack, André Schürrle, Dzenis Burnic, Shinji Kagawa, Sebastian Rode, Jeremy Toljan and Alexander Isak, have all also been told they are surplus to requirements.
Passlack spent last season on loan at Norwich City, making one substitute appearance in the league for the Canaries, as Max Aarons' rise restricted further first team involvement. He did help City make the fourth round of the League Cup, starting all four of the club's ties in the competition.
MORE: What now for City stars on the fringe?Passlack cut short his two-year loan spell at Hoffenheim by 12 months to join Daniel Farke's side last summer after making just two Bundesliga appearances.
After being heralded as Dortmund's next star early in his career, Passlack's progress has stalled in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
However, with the player seemingly available on a free transfer despite being contracted to Dortmund until the summer of 2021, City head coach Daniel Farke could be tempted to have another go at mining some of the undoubted talent the right back showed earlier in his career.
Sporting director Stuart Webber reiterated how City won't be breaking the bank this summer despite their promotion and with Ivo Pinto's departure, Passlack could once again provide cover for first choice right back, Aarons.
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He's been great for me' - Hanley grateful to Farke for making him a better player
- 7 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 8 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 9 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return