Former City striker joins Norwegian strugglers
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City striker Kyle Lafferty has joined Norwegian side Sarpsborg 08.
The ex-Rangers and Hearts forward had been keen to return to Tynecastle after leaving Ibrox for a second time last month and held talks with other Scottish clubs, including Kilmarnock.
But the 31-year-old has opted to join the club sitting at the bottom of the Norwegian top flight.
Sarpsborg sporting director Thomas Berntsen told their official website: "In Kyle Lafferty we get a player with close to 500 games at a good level. He has 70 caps and 20 goals for Northern Ireland.
MORE: A year is a very long time in football"Lafferty is a right-footed tough guy who puts his head on the line in both boxes. A real warrior we hope to enjoy this season.
"There will be some yellow cards, but also many goals. We think this will be very good."
You may also want to watch:
Lafferty added: "I'm here to help save the club's place in the Eliteserien and I'm really looking forward to it."
Lafferty joined the Canaries in 2014 from Palmero but found himself largely on the fringes of the squad. In 39 appearances the forward found the net just four times.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion