‘We want you to stay’ - City fans want defender to fight for his place at Carrow Road

Grant Hanley of Norwich before the Sky Bet Championship match at Deepdale, PrestonPicture by Paul Ch

Grant Hanley of Norwich before the Sky Bet Championship match at Deepdale, PrestonPicture by Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd +44 7904 64026721/04/2018 - Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd

Norwich City supporters want Grant Hanley to stay and fight for his place in the Canaries’ back line this season, according to a Pink Un fans poll.

Amid rumours of a move to Blackburn Rovers this summer, we asked supporters if they would like City to sell or keep faith and give the 27-year-old a chance in the top-flight.

More than 2,500 fans voted and 74 percent were in favour of Hanley staying to battle with the likes of Ben Godfrey, Christoph Zimmermann and Timm Klose for a starting place. The remaining 26 percent wanted to see Hanley move on and City bring in a new defender.

Hanley had to play second fiddle to Godfrey and Zimmermann in the second half of last season, prompting speculation he could leave despite signing a new four-year deal last November.

However, the Scotland international has intimated a desire to stay at Carrow Road and Blackburn have reportedly turned their attention to Crystal Palace defender Scott Dann.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus