City on tour: Plenty of interviews, Pukki meets Teemu and closing on some German cuisine
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
As nice as fun videos of penalty shootouts and pre-season chat at Daniel Farke’s old club were, we’ve really moved into business mode out in Germany in the last couple of days.
It's a privilege to be able to shadow Norwich City's training camp as preparations for the Premier League ramp up but we're here to provide as much insight for supporters as we can manage.
So it's was good to spend some proper time with the Canaries on Tuesday and Wednesday, following on from Sunday night's opening friendly against Arminia Bielefeld in Gutersloh.
I sat down with U23s head coach David Wright to get the lowdown on the huge amount of change at that level ahead of this season, as well as one of the new boys, Scottish winger Aidan Fitzpatrick - while Paddy sat down with another of the summer signings, England U18 midfielder Dan Adshead.
Later in the day there was also the chance to take in the first team's behind-closed-doors friendly against SC Bonner, a low-key affair that supporters weren't able to attend, which finished in a 4-1 win and featured goals from Adam Idah, Onel Hernandez and Teemu Pukki.
Oddly, for mid-July, we ended up wearing coats as the temperature dropped to the low teens and the sun refused to make an appearance - not exactly the weather Farke was hoping for in pre-season.
You may also want to watch:
While that lack of access inevitably disappointed some of the fans who are out in Germany for the week, who are as keen as ever to see their team in action whenever possible, much of that was soon put aside when those on tour got up close and personal with the Canaries players.
An open training session was held at the club's hotel complex yesterday morning, with most of the players who were in action the previous evening warming down with a gentle cycle ride and some stretching.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
Those watching on were able to enjoy some emphatic finishing from Pukki, Emi Buendia, Todd Cantwell and Timm Klose though, before being free to chat to players and get autographs and photos - including Pukki meeting his namesake, Teemu, the dog of the Bowles family.
For us that also allowed Paddy to sit down with Farke, with shooting practice coming a little too close for comfort at times, as well as new boy Patrick Roberts, while I took the chance to have a proper catch up with Cantwell.
We're still yet to try some proper German cuisine however, as the two restaurants we've convinced to serve us food late at night so far have essentially been Turkish and Italian cuisine. Photographic colleague Paul Chesterton did unearth a Surf and Turf Burger at a local establishment I believe is known as McDonalds - although we've also sourced a bratwurst supplier, so we're moving in the right direction.