Norwich City loan watch: Marshall on target at Leeds as Oliveira closes on Reading return
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Marshall scored his first goal of the season for Millwall – but it wasn’t quite enough to help parent club Norwich City at Leeds.
The winger played the full 90 minutes, winning and scoring a penalty in the 55th minute which had put Millwall ahead, only for promotion chasers Leeds to hit back and win 3-2 at Elland Road.
The Yorkshire side now look likely to face an EFL disciplinary charge, after missiles and a flare were thrown from the South Stand as Marshall celebrated on the pitch.
There was a speedy return for Nelson Oliveira at Reading, returning to the bench after a hamstring injury which was initially expected to rule the striker out for much of the season, although he didn’t come on as the Royal boosted their survival hopes with a 2-1 home win over Preston.
Norwich City transfer rumours: Reading agree fee for Nelson Oliveira
In League One, left-back James Husband played the full game as Fleetwood won 1-0 at Accrington to keep slim play-off hopes alive,
You may also want to watch:
In League Two, striker Tristan Abrahams came on in the 66th minute of Yeovil’s 3-1 home defeat to Newport and it was the City youngster’s in-swinging corner which was flicked in by Tom James, only for the visitors to score a third.
Anthony Spyrou made his first start for Wrexham but came off at half-time with the Dragons trailing 3-0 at Ebbsfleet, with the National League promotion hopefuls eventually losing 4-2. Timi Odusina was not involved as AFC Fylde drew 0-0 at Aldershot though.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
Over in the USA left-back Caleb Richards again played the full match as Tampa Bay Rowdies maintained their unbeaten start to the United Soccer League season, drawing 0-0 at home to Loudoun United in the Eastern Conference of the second-tier Championship.
While in Germany’s second tier, defender Marcel Franke played the full match as Darmstadt were held to a 1-1 home draw by Regensburg, going agonisingly close to a winner with a late header going just wide.
Yanic Wildschut (Bolton), Matt Jarvis (Walsall), Steven Naismith (Hearts), Simon Power (Dordrecht) and Mason Bloomfield (AFC Fylde) all remain out due to injury.
• You can watch highlights of Millwall’s loss at Leeds above