Norwich City transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Lincoln ace
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norwich City are tracking Lincoln attacking midfielder Jorge Grant according to a report.
TEAMtalk claims the Canaries are among a clutch of Championship clubs looking at the 25-year-old, who has started the season well with the Imps.
Brentford, Reading, Swansea and former club Nottingham Forest are all credited with an interest along with Norwich in Grant, who has scored eight goals this season for the League One promotion hopefuls.
Grant joined Lincoln in the summer of 2019 after leaving Forest, where he came through their academy and has impressed as a wide midfielder.
You may also want to watch:
City will be aware of Grant’s qualities and contingency plans will have been drawn up by City’s recruitment team if Emi Buendia or Todd Cantwell move on in January. However, City aren’t short of midfielders that can play out wide. Kieron Dowell is due to return from an ankle injury in the New Year whilst Przemyslaw Placheta, Onel Hernandez and Josh Martin as well as Buendia and Cantwell can all operate out wide. Take this one with a pinch of salt with Grant’s agent perhaps looking to capitalise on his client’s excellent start to the season with a new contract at Lincoln or engineer a move higher up the ladder.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul