Young Norwich City winger signs new contract
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City youngster Diallang Jaiyesimi has signed a new contract with the Canaries until 2020 with the option of a further year.
The 19-year-old winger joined City from Bostik Premier Division side Dulwich Hamlet last year and has impressed within the club’s academy set-up.
“I’m pleased and grateful. The club have shown lots of faith in me and it makes me feel very good,” he said.
“I want to repay that faith they’ve shown in me now and hopefully continue to improve and get better.”
Jaiyesimi is currently on loan at League Two side Grimsby where he has made a total of 15 appearances for the Mariners so far, including two starts in the Checkatrade Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously it’s been a good experience being around first-team players and training with them every single day,” he told the club’s official website. “It’s only going to make me a better player so it’s been very good so far.
“When I’ve come on, I’ve done well so hopefully in the next couple of games I can push for a start. The manager there has been teaching me every day and he pays close attention to what I’m doing. He makes sure I’m improving and that I’m going in the gym and working hard so he’s been great with me.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 5 Placheta must kick on at City
- 6 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 7 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 8 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 9 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
“It’s a good first loan and it’s helping me understand what level I’m at. It’s important to keep pushing now so if I know I can do it at this level, I can try and do it at a higher level.”
Jaiyesimi scored eight goals in 33 appearances for Norwich’s under-23s last season before it was decided he should go and get some senior first team action with Grimsby.