Young Norwich City winger signs new contract
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City youngster Diallang Jaiyesimi has signed a new contract with the Canaries until 2020 with the option of a further year.
The 19-year-old winger joined City from Bostik Premier Division side Dulwich Hamlet last year and has impressed within the club’s academy set-up.
“I’m pleased and grateful. The club have shown lots of faith in me and it makes me feel very good,” he said.
“I want to repay that faith they’ve shown in me now and hopefully continue to improve and get better.”
Jaiyesimi is currently on loan at League Two side Grimsby where he has made a total of 15 appearances for the Mariners so far, including two starts in the Checkatrade Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously it’s been a good experience being around first-team players and training with them every single day,” he told the club’s official website. “It’s only going to make me a better player so it’s been very good so far.
“When I’ve come on, I’ve done well so hopefully in the next couple of games I can push for a start. The manager there has been teaching me every day and he pays close attention to what I’m doing. He makes sure I’m improving and that I’m going in the gym and working hard so he’s been great with me.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 9 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 10 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
“It’s a good first loan and it’s helping me understand what level I’m at. It’s important to keep pushing now so if I know I can do it at this level, I can try and do it at a higher level.”
Jaiyesimi scored eight goals in 33 appearances for Norwich’s under-23s last season before it was decided he should go and get some senior first team action with Grimsby.