‘Pukki has a bit of everything’ - Chelsea midfielder is a big fan of City striker
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teemu Pukki is “the complete striker” according to Chelsea midfielder Jorginho speaking ahead of Italy’s Euro 2020 qualifying clash in Finland on Sunday evening.
Pukki sits second behind Sergio Aguero in the Premier League goalscoring charts after an excellent start to the season, which has seen him plunder five goals in Norwich City's opening four games.
Jorginho got to see close up why Pukki has made the seamless transition from the Championship to the top flight when 29-year-old notched in the Bklues 3-2 win at Carrow Road.
He has warned his Italy team-mates that they must keep him closely shackled in the Tampere Stadium on Sunday night.
"We'll go out there to win, regardless of who plays and which characteristics they bring to the table. The important thing is the coach has plenty of options to choose from," said Jorginho in a press conference.
You may also want to watch:
"He (Pukki) is their most important player, but we should keep a close eye on all of them. Finland are not a surprise, as the quality of their players is evident and they work as a team.
"Pukki has a bit of everything, which makes him a complete striker. He times his runs well, is very intelligent in his positioning, runs hard, presses opponents and never stops moving.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 3 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 7 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
"He protects the ball, can provide assists, he really is dangerous."
Pukki struck the winner from the penalty spot for Finland in their 1-0 win over Greece on Thursday night and hopes are high amongst City fans that he can maintain his scoring touch when he returns to face Manchester City next weekend.
"It's no coincidence that he is one of the current Premier League top scorers," added Jorginho.