‘Pukki has a bit of everything’ - Chelsea midfielder is a big fan of City striker
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teemu Pukki is “the complete striker” according to Chelsea midfielder Jorginho speaking ahead of Italy’s Euro 2020 qualifying clash in Finland on Sunday evening.
Pukki sits second behind Sergio Aguero in the Premier League goalscoring charts after an excellent start to the season, which has seen him plunder five goals in Norwich City's opening four games.
Jorginho got to see close up why Pukki has made the seamless transition from the Championship to the top flight when 29-year-old notched in the Bklues 3-2 win at Carrow Road.
He has warned his Italy team-mates that they must keep him closely shackled in the Tampere Stadium on Sunday night.
"We'll go out there to win, regardless of who plays and which characteristics they bring to the table. The important thing is the coach has plenty of options to choose from," said Jorginho in a press conference.
You may also want to watch:
"He (Pukki) is their most important player, but we should keep a close eye on all of them. Finland are not a surprise, as the quality of their players is evident and they work as a team.
"Pukki has a bit of everything, which makes him a complete striker. He times his runs well, is very intelligent in his positioning, runs hard, presses opponents and never stops moving.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 9 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
"He protects the ball, can provide assists, he really is dangerous."
Pukki struck the winner from the penalty spot for Finland in their 1-0 win over Greece on Thursday night and hopes are high amongst City fans that he can maintain his scoring touch when he returns to face Manchester City next weekend.
"It's no coincidence that he is one of the current Premier League top scorers," added Jorginho.