Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- Credit: EXPA Pictures/Focus Images Ltd
Rosenborg boss Age Hareide wants to convince Alex Tettey to postpone his retirement plans.
The Rosenborg plans to hold talks with Tettey, who it was announced earlier this week would be leaving Norwich City this summer at the end of his contract.
Tettey admitted he plans to return to Norway and could find himself with an offer from the club that launched his career.
“I have previously read that Alexander would give up after Norwich, but by all means, if we could get him to extend his career for the rest of the season,” Hareide told TV 2.
Tettey previously played under Hareide when he was the national team boss and it seems the 35-year-old left a good impression.
“Alexander is a player I know incredibly well,” added Hareide. “He is a super guy and wonderful to have in the environment. We have had great success in picking up the ones we have picked up. Markus Henriksen and Per Ciljan Skjelbred have had a great influence, and set a standard for the training.”
- 1 Stay at Chelsea instead of joining a ‘lesser team’ - Souness advice to Gilmour
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Barcelona want to sell forward
- 3 Andy Hughes to link up with City coaching team for pre-season
- 4 'Champions League' quality Rashica is a coup for City
- 5 City cool interest in Ajer
- 6 Posh talent 'over the moon' to seal Canaries switch
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Midfielder wants clarity from French champions
- 8 Canaries linked with Newcastle youngster
- 9 Ex-City keeper signs new Wolves deal
- 10 WINDOW WATCH: All the latest Norwich City transfer talk