PRESSER: Chelsea v City - Cantwell left out; Zimbo needs surgery
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League game at Chelsea - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss.
City face arguably one of the best sides in Europe on current form, with Thomas Tuchel's Champions League holders leading the way domestically ahead of the Canaries' Saturday lunchtime visit.
Norwich have ground out two goalless draws in the league against Brighton and Burnley either side of the recent international break. But City's new-found defensive resolve is set to be tested to the limit at Stamford Bridge.
Farke confirmed Todd Cantwell will again miss out on his matchday squad. The attacking midfielder was a notable absentee for last weekend's goalless draw against Brighton, with Farke making it clear post-match he was left out for tactical reasons.
Cantwell is available for the trip to Chelsea but not under consideration, after returning to the fold following a spell out for personal reasons and then some Achilles and ankle issues either side of the international break.
Farke also confirmed Christoph Zimmermann faces ankle surgery on Monday that could sideline him for six weeks. But Mathias Normann is fit for Stamford Bridge, after he departed with cramps late on.
Normann was pictured taking part in warm ups ahead of training at Colney on Thursday morning.
Chelsea loanee Billy Gilmour is ineligible to be considered for selection against his parent club.
Blues' boss Tuchel is scheduled to hold his pre-match press briefing later on Friday afternoon, but Romelu Lukaku (ankle) and Timo Werner (hamstring) could miss out.
- 1 Mumba on target as City youngsters thrash Wolves
- 2 'I could hear my new song' - Rashica loving life at City
- 3 Smith joins Lambert, O'Neill and Howson at anniversary lunch for City owners and Foulger
- 4 City midfielder needs surgery
- 5 PRESSER: Newcastle v City - Normann ruled out
- 6 'I would have no fears playing Lukas' - Smith on Rupp call
- 7 City trading in a different currency to Magpies
- 8 We meet again... Ex-City stars poised to face Canaries as Newcastle players
- 9 Terri Westgate: City could make those hasty predictions look very silly
- 10 Who replaces Normann? The key decisions Dean Smith faces ahead of Newcastle
Recap the press conference in the window below, with full reaction and build up to City’s game at Chelsea throughout the rest of the day on pinkun.com