STARTING XIs: Cantwell starts as City and Cardiff make two changes
- Credit: PA
Todd Cantwell makes his first start in almost two months as Norwich City make two changes to their starting XI for this lunchtime's Championship clash with Cardiff.
Cantwell's last start was during the 1-1 draw at Brentford in late October, with knee and hip injuries restricting him to just five starts so far.
The attacking midfielder has impressed as a substitute in the Canaries' last three games though as he eases back into action, having scored six goals in the Premier League last season.
The other change is Mario Vrancic replacing Marco Stiepermann in attacking midfield, who drops to the bench alongside Josh Martin.
CIty are able to name nine substitutes for the first time in a while as well, with Lukas Rupp returning to the bench.
The Canaries have lost just one of their last 15 games and won their last four all by a 2-1 scoreline, setting up the chance to move six points clear at the Championship summit ahead of today's 3pm kick-offs.
It's also two changes for Cardiff, who have won five of their last six games to stay in touch with the play-off mix.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Former Norwich winger Josh Murphy misses out on his first Carrow Road reunion though, having missed the 3-2 home win over Birmingham on Wednesday due to illness.
Greg Cunningham replaces Joe Bennett at left-back and midfielder Joe Ralls returns after suspension, replacing Gavin Whyte, who drops to the bench.
Both teams are still missing important players through injury, with Cardiff's top scorer Kieffer Moore out with a hamstring tear and Norwich still without number one keeper Tim Krul as he makes his way back from a thigh injury carefully.
Krul, defender Ben Gibson and winger Przemek Placheta could all return at Watford on Boxing Day for the Canaries.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): McGovern; Aarons, Zimmermann, Hanley (C), Sorensen; Skipp, McLean; Buendia, Vrancic, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: Barden (GK), Omobamidele, Tettey, Rupp, Stiepermann, Dowell, Martin, Hugill, Omotoye
CARDIFF (4-2-3-1): Smithies; Bacuna, Morrison (C), Nelson, Cunningham; Vaulks, Pack; Ralls, Wilson, Ojo; Glatzel. Subs: Phillips (GK), Benkovic, Whyte, Bamba, Bagan, Harris, Hoilett, Patten, Zimba
REFEREE: Tim Robinson (West Sussex)